Saturday, December 13, 2008

any thing you wear could be held against you.

I've never been one to kep up to date with magazines, sure my boudoir holds a near 5ft high stack of only the greatest, but it's a combination of not bein able to afford the glossies my eys strive to caress and also my lack of interest in the immediate fashions.

But while out for a coffee with ma mere (my mam, in french, sounds much nicer, no?), I treated my looking balls (that would be eyes) to some coffee stained, dog earred issues. A certain issue of 'Grazia' magazine featured an article on the fashion police, including 'incriminating' images of celebrities sporting outfits supposibly suitable for the cells. The very images displayed were the same that were praised in other magazines.

Photobucket
Although I do agree with some points - men without socks, double denim - others happen to be staples in my own wardrobe. 'Treggings' - leggings worn as pants, which is a fave look of mine, and also 'Poo catchers' - that would be those arabian inspired MC Hammer pants, which coincidentally I am wearing at this exact moment. Thankfully I'm able to laugh it off and I'll certain continue wearing my be-loved treggings and poo catchers, if not just for utter comfort, in spite.
Photobucket

I for will not be told what to wear and nor shuld anyone else. Style, oppose to fashion, is a personal opinion, a statement or, at times, just clothing. I just beg people don't actually pay any attention to those sorts of articles. After all, were would we be if Coco Chanel, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol and HRH Vivienne Westwood had stuck to the rules?

It reminds me exatly why I don't follow these magazines, why I'd much rather thrift than shop at chain stores. Style has no rules and there's definately no guide book.
Remember ladies and gentlemen - Art is Anarchy.

ciao
Gabi

No comments: